Classes & Workshops
Beginner Quilt Maker Series - II: Almost Houndstooth
Beginner Quilt Maker Series - II
Pre-requisite: rotary cutting and basic piecing required; 18 hours instruction over 6 classes
Increase your skill level and take on a bit more challenging project – triangles! Learn to piece half-square (HST) and quarter-square triangles (QST) and the endless variety of patterns using this simple block unit.
The project for this class will be a pattern Almost Houndstooth, by Bradie Sparrow. Pattern needs to be purchased separately.
- Purchase pre-cut of fabrics (charm squares/jelly roll) or choose/use your own fabrics
- Learn to use a rotary cutter, ruler and mat; proper cutting techniques
- Learn to sew a proper 1⁄4” seam
- Learn piecing methods required to complete your quilt top
- Learn simple free-motion and walking foot quilting on a domestic machine
- Learn double-fold binding
- Make a proper label for final finishing