Virtual Tour of Japan & the Tokyo International Great Quilt Festival
PowerPoint Slide Show Presentation
Sit back with a cup of tea (or maybe some Sake) and join me for a special virtual tour through Japan! Our recent (January 2020) tour (Celtic Quilt Tours) through Kyoto, Osaka, and Tokyo was full of interesting and inspiring sights such as Shinto Shrines, the Senso-ji Temple, Tokyo Tower, and even a 4D flight simulator ride over the beautiful Mt. Fuji and area.
The world-famous Tokyo International Great Quilt Festival with over 1800 quilts on display and 200 vendors offered a wide variety of goods that every quilter and stitcher could want in this, the largest quilt market! The hanging quilt displays offered magnificent and masterful quilts in numerous themes and categories. Other special exhibits included Keiko Goke’s work (using lively colours and playful patterns), the World of Curious George, and Yoko Saito’s large Mary Poppins exhibit was a crowd favourite.
- Tuesday, November 2, 2021, 7:00pm MDT; Regina Piecemaker's Guild, SK
- Thursday, January 6, 2022, 7:30pm CT; Mississauga Quilters Guild, ON
- Tuesday, February 1, 2022, 1:00pm CT; Norfolk County Quilters Guild, ON
- Wednesday, March 23, 2022, 7:00pm CT; Region of York Quilters Guild, ON
- Friday, June 23, 2023, 7:00pm MDT; Lethbridge Quilters Guild, AB