Classes & Workshops
Beginner Quilt Maker Series - I: Stay Centered
Beginner Quilt Maker Series - I
Pre-requisite: no experience required; 18 hours instruction over 6 classes
If you have always wanted to learn to quilt, but haven’t a clue where to start… this is the class to take. Gather your supplies (supply list provided at registration), and come to class! It’s that easy.
The project for this class will be a pattern by Sheila VanDerLinden, Stay Centered. Purchase a pre-packaged kit of fabrics (charm squares/jelly roll) or choose/use your own fabrics.
- Learn to use a rotary cutter, ruler and mat; proper cutting techniques
- Learn to sew a proper 1⁄4” seam
- Learn piecing methods required to complete your quilt top
- Learn the quilting process using a walking foot
- Learn double-fold binding
- Make a proper label for final finishing