Classes & Workshops
Beginner Quilt Maker Series - II: Love Letter
Beginner Quilt Maker Series - II
Pre-requisite: rotary cutting and basic piecing required; 18 hours instruction over 4 classes
Increase your skill level and take on a bit more challenging project – triangles! Learn to piece half-square (HST) and quarter-square triangles (QST) and the endless variety of patterns using this simple block unit.
The project for this class will be Love Letter from the book Charm School by Vanessa Goertzen. Book needs to be purchased separately.
- Purchase pre-cut fabrics (charm squares/jelly roll) or choose/use your own fabrics
- Learn to use a rotary cutter, ruler and mat; proper cutting techniques
- Learn to sew a proper 1⁄4” seam
- Learn piecing methods required to complete your quilt top
- Learn simple free-motion and walking foot quilting
- Learn double-fold binding
- Make a proper label for final finishing