Classes & Workshops
Beginner Quilt Maker Series - I: Chandelier
Beginner Quilt Maker Series - I
Pre-requisite: no experience required; 18 hours instruction over 4 classes
If you have always wanted to learn to quilt, but haven’t a clue where to start… this is the class to take. Gather your supplies (supply list provided at registration), and come to class! It’s that easy.
The project for this class will be Chandelier from the book Charm School by Vanessa Goertzen. Book needs to be purchased separately.
- Purchase a pre-cut selection of fabrics (jelly roll) or choose/use your own fabrics
- Learn to use a rotary cutter, ruler and mat; proper cutting techniques
- Learn to sew a proper 1⁄4” seam
- Learn piecing methods required to complete your quilt top
- Learn the quilting process for walking foot quilting on a domestic machine
- Learn double-fold binding
- Make a proper label for final finishing